No matter what they think, no one is an expert in hiring. As recruiters, we often feel that our role is to help hiring teams uncover the data they need to pick the right talent for the team.
These days there's a million datapoints that influence who our teams select—and some are more helpful than others.
Unitive helps you help your team tune out the noise so they can hone in on only the relevant datapoints.
First, help your hiring team establish role criteria upfront. You can do this step in a live intake meeting with a hiring manager.
SCREEN CAPTURE CLICKING NEW JOB
1. Click New Job to get started.
2. Name your job and add keywords that describe the job, like “Account Management” or “Engineering”. Being more specific will help us suggest most relevant skills and values to you for this job:
3. Select from the suggested skills and values by checking each box or type in a new one.
SCREEN CAPTURE SELECTING COMPETENCIES
Now that you've given your team a clear list of what you're looking for in a candidate, take that one step further by ranking their priority:
SCREEN CAPTURE CONTINUUM SORTING
INVITE THE HIRING TEAM TO ACCESS THE JOB
Now you can share your job with the hiring team.
When you create a new job, you become its default owner. You can assign other users to become an owner as well, or you can give them edit privileges, in a job’s Settings.
SCREEN CAPTURE FOR SETTINGS AND SHARE
The setting of a job owner versus a job editor is designed to facilitate collaboration on a job. A job editor can make changes to a job’s description and review applicants associated with a job, but can’t delete a job.
Once you've saved your new job, add applicants.
- From the job dashboard, drag a PDF or Word doc resume into the upload field (You can add several files at once)
- Review the content fields once the document is parsed and make any necessary changes
- First and last name, email are required fields
- Click Save
Select candidates to be interviewed
To slate candidates for interview, check their box in the Interview column:
Schedule interviews and send invites
Get to the Schedule page from the building page by clicking Schedule at the bottom of the page; or from the Job dashboard by clicking Schedule in the interview column:
- On the Schedule page, input date and time information for each interview session
- Click Save & Send to send an email to the interviewer containing interview info and a link to start their interview session
- You can also copy this link by clicking Get link and then send it to the interviewers through an external email or calendar application
Reviewing an interview's results
Once all interviewers have interviewed an applicant, they can re-access the link to review the interview Results
A job owner or editor can review a candidate’s results at anytime (as opposed to having to wait for all interviews to be complete for that candidate)
The results page displays:
- Any notes the interviewer took
- Each question they asked
- How they scored each competency
- An aggregate score based on the competency rating combined with that competency’s weighting
Job owners or editors can also review the results for all candidates on the job dashboard as the results come in.