You've been hiring and building teams for years but your team doesn't have that seasoned hiring experience.
As your pulling in team members to interview new candidates, guide your team on what qualities you want to see in the selected candidate by establishing the role's criteria of skills and values.
Here's what you do:
SCREEN CAPTURE CLICKING NEW JOB
1. Click New Job to get started.
2. Name your job and add keywords that describe the job, like “Account Management” or “Engineering”. Being more specific will help us suggest most relevant skills and values to you for this job:
3. Select from the suggested skills and values by checking each box or type in a new one.
SCREEN CAPTURE SELECTING COMPETENCIES
Now that you've given your team a clear list of what you're looking for in a candidate, take that one step further by ranking their priority:
SCREEN CAPTURE CONTINUUM SORTING
You've already set the role's criteria <link>; now help your team ask the right questions to evaluate on that criteria.
First, click the round you're setting up an interview for.
SCREEN CAPTURE CLICKING ROUND 1
Add your team members who will be interviewing candidates.
SCREEN CAPTURE ADDING INTERVIEWERS
- Type the interviewer's name into the search field
- Click the user's name to add them to the interview
- If the interviewer's name is not suggested, click Create a new interviewer
You can add interviewers that are not Unitive users, all you need is their name and email address. When you add them, the person will receive an email to set up a Unitive account.
Assign questions to interviewers
- Job competencies and question suggestions display in the Questions panel
- Click on a question to display interviewers
- Click an interviewer to assign them that question
- Or click add your own question to write a new one
- Click an interviewer’s name in the Interviewers panel to review the list of their assigned questions
MANAGING CANDIDATES AND RESUMES
SCREEN CAPTURE UPLOAD RESUMES
- From the job dashboard, drag a PDF or Word doc resume into the upload field (You can also drag several files at a time)
- Review the content fields once the document is parsed and make any necessary changes
- First and last name, email are required fields
- Click Save
As resumes are made available in the system, job owners or editors can review them.
Rank resume categories in order of importance
- Drag and drop each category to arrange them in order of highest to lowest importance
- (This weighting system will influence the candidate’s overall rating)
- Weighting categories ahead of time helps you make your decision based on the criteria you said is most important
- You can click skip on any categories you don’t care about reviewing
Rate each section
- Now you’ll be shown each resume one at a time
- Each resume has the candidate’s identity removed
- You’ll have the opportunity to assess each resume on the same categories you ordered on the previous page
- Give a section a “Yes”, “Maybe” or “No” to answer whether you’d like to advance someone to the next round based on that section
Review the final scores
After the final resume is scored, click Done reviewing to display the candidates’ full information and get their aggregate score. This score is the composite of your rating of each resume content section and the weighting you assigned that section before starting your review.
You can slate each candidate for a round of interview by checking their box on the job dashboard.
SCREEN CAPTURE ADDING CANDIDATE TO ROUND